writing an autobiography
Writing Autobiography Draft
In an essay of 2 to 4 double-spaced pages, describe yourself as a writer and give a history of the writing you have done in school and your professional life. Your autobiography should make a claim about you as a writer.
Use the following questions as starting points for your thinking:
- What does being a writer mean to you?
- How would you describe yourself as a writer?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses as an academic writer?
- What do you enjoy about writing?
- What pieces or genres have you written that were especially satisfying?
- What don’t you enjoy about writing?
- What pieces or genres have you written that were especially difficult?
While this is a draft, it should be a complete argument. Use whatever essay organization works best for you, but make sure it has an introduction, body, and conclusion. Additionally, make sure to proofread it for spelling, punctuation, and grammar before posting it.
This is a Pass/No Pass assignment. Your instructor will assign points to the Writing Autobiography with Reflective Revision Statement in Week 8.