culture journal 1
For full credit each question must include:
- quote from the reading and thoughtful response to that quote. Highlight in blue
- An example related to the question and the reading that relates to your personal life. Highlight in Yellow
- An example related to the question and the reading that comes from an outside source (movie, TV, Magazine, previous courses, etc.) Highlight in Green
- Through completion of all elements of the question
- A question you had about the reading, your answer and one outside source you used to find the answer cited in APA formatting Highlighted in purple
Most answers are from 5-10 sentences depending on question and your personal interaction with the reading.
ONLY PDF OR DOCX FILES WILL BE ACCEPTED
Tell me about code switching (Be sue to include elements in the Rubric)
How did students in the clip use “code switching”?Have you ever experienced “code switching”? Describe your experience.
Tell me about Face Therory (Be sue to include elements in the Rubric)
Create your own definition of “face” based off of Ting-Toomey’s explanations. What does it mean to “lose face”? In what situation might you “lose face”?
Have you ever been in a “sojourner” position? Describe your experience.
How might you design an intercultural adjustment training? What do you think is most important for foreigners to know about the US?
Tell me about Geert Hofstede’s intercultural scales. (Be sure to include elements in the rubric)
Where do you think you fall on each of Geert Hofstede’s Intercultural Dimensions? Why?
What is cultural appropriation? What is the difference (in your opinion) between misappropriation and cultural exchange? Which of the podcast’s examples stood out to you the most as misappropriation? Which as a cultural exchange? How does appropriation hurt marginalized groups? How does power influence appropriation?