art assignment do each part separate
Part 1 due in 8 hours
Choose one of the provided works and tell me why you think it is good art. Assess your reasons for the choices according to the theories of art criticism. These are the works we looked at before for the 6 functions of art. That may help you pick a theory. Tell me WHY your choices apply by the due date. Then respond to 2 other posts by end of day and tell them if you agree or disagree with their conclusion and why?
Part 2 Due in 11 and ha hours
Now that we covered all the elements and principles of design put your expertise to use!
This lesson will help you analyze and explain the visual elements and principles in a work of art. You are essentially dissecting the art. Figuring out how the artist put the work together, will bring you further understanding of the work, the reasons behind the choices the artist made, how the elements and principles work together in that particular work, and insight into the concept of the piece. Discuss your analysis to broaden your understanding of the work. 20pts
**Remember art can range from aesthetically pleasing to commentary whether political, social, ecological, etc. Also we all take our own experiences and cultures with us when viewing artwork. This lends itself to some variation in interpretations. Try to be as objective as possible.
Hereâ€™s how to complete the assignment:
- Look up the image, The Ballad of the Jealous Lover of Lone Green Valley by Thomas Hart Benton.
- Analyze the work, finding the elements of art and principles of design and functions of art that are used in the work.
- Decide what elements and principles to emphasize in mark ups (see example video on Birth of Venus) and what text to include to complete the presentation in google slides or powerpoint or any slide program.
- Make one slide just for the main shape analysis, as in video and Guernicaexample.png.pdf.
- Make another slide for a value pattern analysis (like the exercise we did in Chapter 3, example ValuePatternEx.pdf,
- Create 1 or 2 other slides to show any visual aides you need to make your point. Circling items, arrows to show directional forces…
- Import the images into a slide program and mark up. (it can also be done outside of the computer and photographed or scanned back in) Identify, show and discuss the main design elements and principles of composition- How they contribute to the composition, how it works to enhance the meaning of the piece and how does it move the viewer around the piece in an orchestrated way.
- Include text slides with main comments to take us successfully through your analysis of the piece. Do a thorough, concise job. You should have 5-8 slides.
- Save the slides as a .pdf, .jpg, .pptx, only.
- Post the presentation to the assignment.
Tools for the assignment if you need them.
- Google account to use google docs and google slides if you’re not using powerpoint.
Tutorials for google docs and slides:
Create a presentation: